Monday, March 4, 2013

Why oh why do I believe...

Or perhaps I should say "Why of why do I assume what works for one thing will work for another."

I read a great tip.  Cook your noodles al dente.  You can then place them in a steamer basket over hot water and keep them warm.  I was using rice noodles and maybe that's what made the difference.  Maybe wheat noodles are a more hardy breed.

I can say that they still "looked" like noodles but they turned into more of a mush.  Oh well, live and learn. 

I think I will go back to crock pot cooking.  I had less fails with the crock pot.

6 comments:

  1. Rice noodles go mushy really fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't get me started on my cooking fails...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that DH can't comment or I'll stop cooking. He just keeps eating the crap I'm slinging.

      The sad thing is I am really trying.

      Delete
  3. Lol! Mine are so many, that's why I keep documenting the wins, they are MUCH more noticeable, by their rarity.

    I'd use a crockpot if I had one. Instead I have Dan and his cast iron dutch oven. Very similar in concept.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps I should focus on the 'wins' - I have had a couple a while back.
      = )

      Delete