Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hitting my stride...

I set my goals and sputter started to the beginning of said goals.  Oh, I went to the gym and I watched what I ate but I hadn't jumped in with both feet.  Two weeks ago my daughter wanted to start 2-a-day at the gym and that's when it was go time.  My brain kicked in to high gear and it has been good.

For the most part we do 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the afternoon (exlcuding Tuesdays and Thursdays where I have a prior engagements)  That's become pretty automated and is working out well.

My writing is going well.  What I want is that don't look down Nano approach to blasting out my novel.  Now I realize that I am working on my Nano novel.  But along the way I decided to disect the bad boy. Throw a new beginning on it and basically, I'm writing a different story with characters I fleshed out during Nano.  I have never achieved a Nano feel outside of Nano, but today I realized that I've managed it.

Sometimes I write on my computer, sometimes I write else where and e-mail me what I've written and some of it is in long hand.  When the story strikes I write.  It hadn't dawened on me that I'd managed this frame of mind until I was trying to put the last couple of days into scrivner and I have a piece here and a piece there. I make notes so I know what to put before who.  It's a great feeling when a story finally wants to be told.

I sturggled at the beginning because the editor was alive and well.  He apparently has fled for parts unknown... perhaps he couldn't keep up with me on the treadmill.  I have out run my editor.  ahahaha Another good reason to stay with the 2-a-day.  Of course when this draft is over, I'll need him back, but maybe he'll be a kinder gentler editor.
Basically, life is good.  Busy but good.

7 comments:

  1. Busy IS good. Hope you have some spare time to attend Gary's 5th blogaversary party over at thefeatherednest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting so much done. I'm jealous of the time you have to exercise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is stollen time. In the morning I steal from my sleep and in the afternood from my butt on couch time. It is an important ingredient to sanity, but so is health ;)

      Delete
  3. I love writing like that, with a NaNo attitude. :) Then it comes time for revision and...urgh. hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. The ugh part I'm not looking forward to, but with the end goal an acutal bound book. Even if it isn't the greatest... hey, it is freaking bound. ahahahaha Baby steps.

      Delete
  4. "Basically, life is good. Busy but good."

    Good. And good!

    ReplyDelete