Friday, December 31, 2010

Looking Back

I'm not very traditional about the whole resolution thing.  Why make a resolution that you are going to break within a few days.  Eh, not my style.

I needed help with my story, yes, it is STILL fighting me, and I thought I'd review the Revision Class I took from Lani Diane Rich last January.  It was during the download process that I had an aha moment.   It was a full class and she had three session each week to accommodate all the participants.  I wanted to download the class I had attended, but I couldn't find my face.  It dawned on me that last January I was one of the blank heads.

So much has changed over this past year.
  • I am no longer a blank head, my face is out there.
  • I use my name, not a clever rendition of it.
  • I actually got married. I was not a fan of marriage after two epic fails. But the sun, the moon and I suspect Venus aligned and the moment was just right.  I could not be happier.
  • I wear a wedding ring.  Something else I never saw me doing as I'd always viewed such things as a sign of possession and I am not a possession. I always said it was the guys way of peeing on you. Marking his territory as it were.  But again, it seemed right.
  • I made some very scary choices.  Walking away from my job and taking the leap of faith that one would be there when I got back from a summer in the Bahama's. It worked out. Not in the way I'd expected, but I am so much more happy with the job I have.  I am still in the industry, but the non-pressure end. I love it.
  • I drove in Florida, on the freeway, all by myself. I am not an adventurous driver.
  • I actively participated in the writer's conference this year, and in Lani's Discovery Class. Just writing and putting it out there. In the past I'd be so critical of myself that I'd freeze and not do anything.  Then the moment would pass, everyone had moved on and I would have to catch up, only to freeze again.
  • I started two blogs, Adventures in Life. (Life is the name of our boat. I so clever.) Random observations that chronicled our summer. But it was part of the process of learning to put it out there. When we got home I started Miss Steps and Milestones.
  • I've joined a writer's group and their first session is in less than a week. 
I am not the person I was a year ago.
I am excited to see what changes the new year holds for me.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!!
    New Year's 2011 Fireworks Celebrations Around the World
    http://fireworks2011.blogspot.com/
    Demo on YouTube
    http://youtu.be/sDlFKY8JdEU
    http://youtu.be/QlQ3b0TfiFM
    http://youtu.be/FB7Wr_tfkFM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband thinks it was a pretty good year too... and is looking forward to another year just like (or maybe even better).

    ReplyDelete