Friday, January 28, 2011

Well..

I do think that the steel cut oats tasted much better cooked in the crock pot.

There is still research to be done on what to add and when.  Adding the apples the night before made them very mushy.  I think that if I added them when I got up they'd be soft, but not mush.  I think the raisins would have been a good idea for added sweetness.  The girl suggested maple flavoring or maybe cranberries.

There's lots to experiment with out there.

I do think that eating the oatmeal leaves me less than satisfied.  It fills my belly and it keeps me full, there's no doubt about that.  However, when I'm finished with my bowl of oatmeal I'm left wanting.  Of course with other add ins maybe that will give me the satisfaction I desire.  The crunch or an apple, the sweet of a raisin.
We will find what works eventually.

I also need to find a way to keep the oatmeal from sticking to the side of the pot.  Pam perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment