Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Who knows...

I walk Chester in the wee hours of the morning.  One of the strange things that I've noticed is a statue in one of the yards we pass.  It is a Grecian type statue and they have lights that shine upon it at night.

It casts three shadows.  One willow thin, one that looks like a woman holding a babe and one that looks like a hunched backed woman.  Maiden, Mother and Crone.  Interesting, but not the coolest part.

Sometimes the maiden and the crone go a wandering.  Their shadows are gone.  Seriously.  The lights that shine upon the statue have not burned out, but the shadows come and go.  The mother has always been there.  I think it only fair that the maiden or the crone should take the babe for a night and let the mother wander.  Just say'n.

6 comments:

  1. Shadows are fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - there is a tree that wind the wind blows, the shadows leap and jump about like demons dancing around a fire. That's another one that I can never figure out what light source is causing it. It doesn't cast a shadow onto the fence unless the wind is blowing. All kinds of awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I'd love to see a pic of that. And, of course, one of the other two hussies should babysit once in a while. Or where the hell is babydaddy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about trying to take a picture but I'd have to have a tripod and a camera where I could adjust the shutter length and then very understaing neighbors while I take the picture. = )

    ReplyDelete