Saturday, March 31, 2012

Hunger Games

{{Squeal like a little girl}}}

My co-worker wasn't as satisfied as I am with the movie.  I thought they did a great job of putting the book on the big screen.  I think that reading the book first would be optimal, there is so much that is Katniss that I don't think you'd take away from the movie without the book first.  I could be wrong.

My only complaint:

Butter Cup is a freaking black and white cat in the movie. WTF???

and I quote:

"Sitting at Prim's knees guarding her, is the world's ugliest cat.  Mashed-in nose, half of one ear missing, eyes the color of rotting squash.  Prim named him Buttercup, insisting , that his muddy yellow coat matched the bright flower."

I KNOW they could not have a problem finding a cat to match that description.  Okay, leave the poor thing with whole ears, but the rest... at LEAST make it a cat with a squished in nose.... I have a porch kitty who would have loved the part... come on.  A black and white cat????

But other than that I love, love, loved it.
I wanna re-read the book (and probably will) just to envision the people from the  movie playing the parts.
Awesomeness....

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was well done too, though I'm not a fan of the book. (Not a fan in the sense of Not Really My Genre. I do think it's well done.)

    ReplyDelete