Sunday, April 1, 2012

AnnaBelle

AnnaBelle is a pixie.  She is minor character.  She assists Fanny with the household chores.  At first blush you might believe AnnaBelle to do Fanny's bidding in all things, and perhaps Fanny is lured into a false sense of security believing that AnnaBelle always does what she wishes.  Not so our AnnaBelle, she has a mind of her own she will help or hinder as she sees fit.

Prior to Nano I did a bit of research on my MC and supporting cast, but for the others who appeared I just winged it.  What I love is that in researching for the A-Z blogs I find that I've nailed AnnaBelle for the pixie that she is.


*These pixies are generally said to be helpful to normal humans, sometimes helping needy widows and others with house work. 
Yep- Nailed that.

*In the legends associated with Dartmoor, pixies are said to disguise themselves as a bundle of rags to lure children into play.
and
*They are often described as ill-clothed.

      **Teylor followed the cat up to the house and though it was early she could hear voices. She knocked. After a second knock a delicate girl opened the door and eyed her warily. She was dressed in an odd assortment of clothes that looked as if she’d chosen her attire from the rag bin; but somehow it looked right on her.


*In some of the legends and historical accounts they are presented as having near human stature. 

She's diminutive, I called her a delicate girl.


ahahaha AND I found this tid bit.  Keep in mind this is from Nano - 50,000 or more words in a month. So some strange things get written, part of the fun is finding them months later.  I found this little gem when I was looking for Teylor's first impression of AnnaBelle.

**Teylor’s voice made the girl blind and she called to someone in the kitchen, “Fanny, It’s not your daughter.” She turned back to Teylor and said, “Who are you? How did you get in here?”
Now that's a powerful voice. AnnaBelle isn't phased at all by being blinded by her voice.
I think her voice made her blink, not sure why...but I'm positive it didn't make her blind.

* Source: Wikipedia

** Source:  Wispers in the North- Nano 2011

7 comments:

  1. I think I like AnnaBelle already...a gal who marches to the sound of no ones drumming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just FYI, the link to your page from the A to Z blog challenge isn't working. It has the http/yourblog instead of http://yourblog I want to make sure you get lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see if I can get that worked out. Thanks,

      Delete
  3. Aren't we just bursting with imagination! Nice.

    ReplyDelete