Sunday, July 24, 2011

Utah is a confusing state...

Pioneer Day, July 24th, the day Utah became a state.

July 24th falls on a Sunday.  Sooooo in the great state of Utah the neighborhood was shooting off fireworks on the 23rd of July.  I woke up to the pops, bangs and whistles thinking I'd slept an entire day away.

It gets better.

The parade and all the festivities are on the 25th.
Someone must have slept through 4th grade Utah history class.  The 24th people, what are you doing on the 24th?

Last night the whole neighborhood was getting into the act.  Chester usually needs to be drugged to get through the experience, but he wasn't pacing and panting, nor had he lodged himself under my bed and so I just let it be. First off it was too late to do anything about it.  It would be over before the drug took effect.  Second, I thought if I got up and was anxious about him being anxious then he'd get anxious.  A vicious cycle best avoided.   He survived.

Camp Nano update:  Only 3,246 words today and I'll be on track to write the minimum, if I want to until the end of Camp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment