Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Did not see that one coming...

My brother went in for his 5 year post cancer check up.  Each check up before this one had been good.  He asked the doctor if he got the high five for the five?
Nope.
Cancer is back and it's pissed off.  Four nodes in his lungs became 100 in two weeks.  He has a tumor the size of lemmon AND last week the cancer spread to his brain.  There is nothing to be done for it.

He called me today to let me know he had two months, maybe more.  They have him on some trial medicine and so I will try to stay hopefull.

The really crazy thing is my sister-in-law got cancer six or seven years ago.  At one point in the early diagnosis they gave her three months and she's still fighting it. 

Any feel good vibes you can send my brother Scotty would be very apprciated.

9 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. Waves of health and happiness towards your brother and waves of comfort towards you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still kind of in shock I think -- Thanks for the well wishes.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that Judie...what a stinker...I am sending hopeful healing energy waves to your brother. Bloody cancer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much for the healing energy waves. Bloody damn cancer.

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry, Judie. I'll be holding him in the light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you -- that makes me cry... I am so appreciative of your help. I have to trust -- his wife made it years upon years. I want to believe that he will as well.

      Delete
  4. Oh that's awful, Judy. Many FGBVs headed your way. Plus prayers, because that's what I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many, many positive thoughts heading towards you and your brother. Don't really have the right words, but the thoughts are there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my days! That must have been so shocking for you all. Much good vibes and thoughts that he'll be around for many more years.

    ReplyDelete