Wednesday, May 2, 2012

On a more chocolatety note

Will Write for Chocolate started yesterday. 
My first impulse was to throw in the towel and not bother the others with my presence.  I wanted to curl up and just let the world wash over me while I hid.

Not a luxury.  My G-kid had a soccer game and I promised I'd go. 
Something funny happened.  I stopped feeling sorry for myself.  Cheering for the red team to go, go, go and thrilling when she came running straight for me at a break.  She wanted my water, grabbed it and contentedly threw herself into her father's lap to rest, but hey, for a moment I was all important. ;)

While I am sad. I realize that life goes on.  My brother would be the first to box my ears for finding the fetal position and hibernating.

Thank you to everyone for your well wishes and FGV's for Scotty. I believe that it puts the positive out there for Scotty and it helps me  pull myself up out of myself and keep moving forward, one step at a time.

Word count yesterday:  398
Word count today:  1034
Total:  1432

eh, one day of Nano but these are words that move the story forward, not just willy, nilly words! Just say'n.

8 comments:

  1. Judie - Glad you were spurred on to write words to move your story along.
    Keep taking care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as they are words that count, that's what matters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing fantastic, Judie. Certainly better than I am. Keep hugging that grandbaby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do not write off the experimental drugs.... you've read my pal Karen's blog right? She is YEARS past her expiration date (her phrase, not mine). Much love to you and your brother, healing healing healing. Also, yipee for writing and getting out of your own head!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When things get tough in our lives is when it's a good time to be a writer. There is nothing more healing than putting it down on paper (or screen).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone!! It means so much to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your brother. That's tough. Best wishes to you, your brother and your whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you, very brave. It's hard to keep trudging forward when you just feel overwhelmed by emotion.

    ReplyDelete