Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Family Cancer Update

My sister in law (Chrissy's) PT scan revealed that her cancer has taken an agressive turn and chemo is no longer an option.  She will go into a hospice next week and had from three to six months.

My big brother (Scotty) has four to six weeks. The cancer in his lungs has made it hard to breathe even on oxigen.  The cancer in his brain is playing havoc with his motor skills.  They are giving him four to six weeks.  He too will be going into hospice care this next week.

His kids says that he is in high spirits and not from the morphine.



  

11 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about all this, Judie. I hope the family gets to gather 'round in the next little while. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....I am so sorry to hear of your families struggles. Thoughts of peace and calmness headed your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of sorrow to bear, Judie. Wish I could take some of it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh. Hard times! My grandmother is in her last months, but she's in her 80s and long ago decided she was ready to die. She's got cancer but keeps hoping for a heart attack to finish her off. My brother are going up north to see her this weekend.

    But for people your age to go through this... what a heavy sadness. My heart and some thoughts go out to you and your families. :'-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so, so sorry. Such a hard time for you and all your family. Sending hugs, peace, and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just awful, Judie. Sending prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear that you and your family are going through so many difficulties. Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending my love and support Sweetie. I am so sorry you and your family have to go through this. It sucks. I know far too well how much it sucks.

    Lean on your Beloved, hug your kids, spend couch time with the pets, and tell those family members how very much you love them.

    ReplyDelete