Monday, October 25, 2010

Snow - Ugh!!

While I lay in bed listening to the rain pelt the window, I try to convince the dog that it was not morning yet. 2:00 is NOT morning. Not really.  I was hoping to go back to sleep for just a few more minutes. That didn't happen but I did find my opening scene. It's not back story, it has the shark fin, it introduces and or mentions the key players. I HAS IT!! YaY!  The other thing I realized was that the rain had stopped.  AWESOME.  So I decided to call it morning and walk the dog between the rain storms.  The rain had turned to snow.  Curse that vile white stuff.

I had heard rain-ow in the valley and snow in the benches.  I can assure you that I don't live in the benches.  This is not rain-ow this is flat out snow. Ugh, now I have to leave for work early, find a snow route, dodge the other idiots who can't drive in the first snow storm (me included)... oh lament.

Doug is a snow freak, loves the white stuff.  I generally accuse him of dancing naked under the moon when the white stuff flies, but this time I'm blaming Warren Miller. That's right, you heard me.  Saturday night they had a film showing down town. You can not get that many snow loving bodies gathered together dreaming of the all that snowy goodness and not have the heavens do something about it.  Well, I hope it gets it out of its system and leaves us be for a while.  Or as always, I'm fine with snow in the mountains, rain in the valley. I don't think that it is too much to ask, but apparently it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment