Sunday, August 26, 2012

Old

Not yet.  Not now.

In the spirit of threes...

A clerk said something about being old, she younger than I. 

DH mentioned anyone over 30 was old (Adman will be pleased to know)

And I just watched the new version of True Grit.  I saw the old one with John Wayne in Jr. High. I said goodbye to Dale Hooten that day, his family moved.  I was so crushing on him.  {{shakes head}}

Anyway, the line from the new True Grit by Rooster Cogburn.  "I've grown old."

He WAS old. 

It is that moment when you accept that you ARE old.

Not yet.  Not now.

Eye R still spring chicken.
{{nods knowingly and asks you to see the same}}

7 comments:

  1. I too am still a spring chicken ...ahem...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Us sping chickens gotta stick together. Birds of a feather and all that.

      Delete
  2. I was always taken for older than I was. When 16 folks thought I was 20 (got me in BIG trouble) When I was 30, they said 35. Now I am 53 and lately been getting comments about not looking old enough to have GK's/ None of it really matters. As long as they are still making incontinence underwear when I need it, I'll be happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always looked younger. One time a Ranger pulled up to our boat and asked me in that voice people sometimes use with younger kids. "And how old are you little girl?" 18 ahahaha He thought he was going to give my dad a ticket for having a yung un without a life vest on. Loved it!!

      Of course those days are gone - Now I probably look my age, don't act it but....

      Delete