Friday, October 21, 2011

More Random

Okay - it was a crazy day yesterday. Doug was in the hospital for his snozola, seems he likes to breathe and needed help facilitating this function. It was a planned procedure, he's doing well and is recuperating.

I didn't know what to blog about so I typed Random in Google and got this website. It just said Random Facts and I thought okay, that works.

Here you go. 

If you have 3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 4 pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.

I would also have enough for a peach ice tea. Alas, I have neither.

President Kennedy was the fastest random speaker in the world with upwards of 350 words per minute.

Wait - What did you say?

The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly.

A sound every mother knows. ;)

Cats sleep 16 to 18 hours per day.

Guinea Pigs aka Penny Kids sleep in 10 minute increments. Learned that from the pig book. Seems they don't want to sleep for too long for fear of being eaten. Imagine that.

The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.

Yep - I can see how that would work marvelously!! Much better than ,"not tonight dear..."

There are two credit cards for every person in the United States.

I have one, who has my other???

The Neanderthal's brain was bigger than yours is.

They must have read my blog yesterday. I admitted to the lacking of IQ points, but pointing it out to everyone is a bit rude.  Just say'n.

7 comments:

  1. Kennedy would have made a good auctioneer. My fellow Americans...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the random facts. I wish I was a cat, but am beginning to feel like a guinea paig. I guess writing can do that to your sleep

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa - Writing will definately do that to your sleep. Especially when you wake up in the middle of the night and the mind starts 'going.'

    Delores- at that rate of speech - yes he would!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crocodile dung! Now do you suppose that was applied internally or externally? :-)

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, so that's the surgery. Whew! Thanks.

    Lol, I love how creatively you are working at this every day thing. Great random-osity!
    Julie
    (Penny Kids!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone took my other card too!

    I didn't know a guinea was a penny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pearl - I'm thinking - external, internal would all pretty much have the same effect. ;)

    London Mabel - Penny Kids is a term from Julie's family - and I just think it is so cute I had to include it.

    ReplyDelete