Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Urisk

The urisk is a Scottish solitary faery who haunts lonely pools. He will often seek out human companionship but his peculiar appearance terrifies those he approaches.


Okay - I have a soft spot for things that are so ugly they are beautiful. 
Take the bulldog for example.  Who could not love a face like that.
We had a bull dog when I was growing up -- he looked much like the above pup.  His owner left him at the dog pound, apparently to "teach him a lesson".  My Grandpa worked at the pound and when on the third day at 5:00 the owner didn't show up he claimed Sir Percival for us.  When the agitated owner got to the pound at 5:30 looking for his "No good dog", he was informed that it was too late. Technically it was and he never need know that the pup he abandoned went on to live a long life with a loving family.

9 comments:

  1. That little guy looks like a hampster that ate a bad sunflower seed. He looks lonely too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear -- he does look like he got a bad seed. Poor little fella.

      Delete
  2. To teach him a lesson? For real? For Pete's sake. I love all these little creatures you're finding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know -- guess the guy knew that he was there and refused to pick him up. Let him sit there for three days. Perce was a good dog when he was with us -- dunno what that guy was doing to him to make him run away -- but I'm glad he was late getting to the pound.

      Delete
  3. What a loser. He didn't deserve that dog. Glad you ended up with him.
    My second husband and I had a bulldog named Bud. He developed a respiratory thing at age 4 and had to be put down to alleviate his suffering. Broke my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bud - what a cute name. Sorry he had troubles.

      Delete
  4. Ps I created a yahoo group for chocolate bootcamp. If 3 people (including me) sign up before 4/28 we will have bootcamp in May.
    Go here for details:
    Here are the details on willwriteforchocolate:
    Group home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/willwriteforchocolate
    Group email address: willwriteforchocolate@yahoogroups.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited. I'll check it out in just a little. YaY!!

      Delete
  5. You find the CUTEST creatures!

    And love the doggy story. :-)

    ReplyDelete